A recent Wall Street Journal article suggests it has, and I've personally seen evidence of it. One recent example is a 19th-Century slant-front desk at a New York auction house. It had minimal damage, I'm guessing a Connecticut piece that I'd expect to see at a show for more than $5,000. At an auction I would have expected $3,000 or so. Yet it went for around $700. I sent the article to a friend who says he too thinks there has been some pullback from the "no-price to great" period, though he hadn't seen the kind of deals mentioned in the article. He also suggested it was a good time to buy if you can. I couldn't agree more. Even if 18th and 19th Century furniture did stay at its current lows, it does still have resale value, something new items doesn't.
Read the article

Delicious Bookmark this on Delicious

0 comments: